Steps to Use RedAlert with PageGate
How to Integrate
With RedAlert's ability to execute an external program,
you can send a message to a pager or cell phone using
GetAscii (Commandline/Ascii) Settings
PageGate's GetAscii (Commandline/Ascii) interface must
be enabled for the integration of PageGate and RedAlert.
1. Run PageGate's Administration program (PG
2. Double-click on the 'Interfaces' object.
3. Double-click on the 'GetAscii' object.
4. Click on the 'Settings' object.
5. Type in a path for PageGate to use as a polling
directory for this interface (or hit the '...' button
to browse to an existing folder).
6. Check the 'Enabled' checkbox.
7. Click the 'Apply' button. Recipient/Group
PageGate recipients and groups must
have the Ascii service enabled in order to receive messages
1. Add a new or edit an existing PageGate recipient
2. On the recipient's or group's settings screen,
check the 'Ascii' checkbox in the 'Enabled Services'
3. Click the 'Apply' button. GUI Client Settings