Integrating Alchemy Eye with PageGate
How to Integrate
With Alchemy Eye's ability to execute an external
program, you can send a message to a pager or cell phone
GetAscii (Commandline/Ascii) Settings:
PageGate's GetAscii(Commandline/Ascii) interface must
be enabled for the integration of PageGate and Alchemy
1. Run PageGate's Administration
program (PG Admin)
2. Double-click on the 'Interfaces' object.
3. Double-click on the 'GetAscii' object.
4. Click on the 'Settings' object.
5. Type in a path for PageGate to use as a polling
directory for this interface (or hit the '...' button
to browse to an existing folder).
6. Check the 'Enabled' checkbox.
7. Click the 'Apply' button.
PageGate recipients and groups must have the Ascii service
enabled in order to receive messages from Alchemy Eye
1. Add a new or edit an existing PageGate recipient
2. On the recipient's or group's settings screen,
check the 'Ascii' checkbox in the 'Enabled Services'
3. Click the 'Apply' button.
Alchemy Eye Settings
1. Right-click on an existing server
and choose 'Server properties'.
2. Click on 'Actions' underneath the 'Actions' object.
3. Check the 'Run this program when server goes
4. In the 'File name' box, enter the path to the
GetAscii polling directory you just setup in PageGate,
and add 'sendpage.exe' to the end of it. For example,
if PageGate's GetAscii polling directory was set to
c:\pages\, you would enter c:\pages\sendpage.exe here.
5. In the 'Parameters' box, enter the PageGate recipient
that the message should go to, a space, who the message
is from, a space, and the actual message you want sent.
For example: ( mypager AlchemyEye The mail server is
down ) would send the message 'The mail server is down'
to the pager 'mypager' with a from field of 'Alchemy
6. To test your settings, click on the 'Preview'
button. A message should be set to PageGate's GetAscii