Steps to Use ZipWhip with
Steps to Send Text and SMS Messages to ZipWhip
PageGate can be easily configured to send messages through ZipWhip by using their API to submit messages directly!
Before you begin, we'd recommend that you have a look at the ZipWhip documentation on how to submit SMS messages as there's a lot of good information there: https://developers.zipwhip.com/
You will need to register an account to use this service. As part of the registration, you will receive an application ID that you'll need for this configuration. Once you're registered, here's how to configure PageGate to use a POST method to submit messages to Bandwidth.com's messaging API:
1) Open PG Admin.
2) Right click Carriers, select 'Add'
3) Specify the following:
Max Chars: 6000
4) Click Apply.
5) Go to Carriers - ZipWhip - Template.
6) Specify the following in the 'Text' section:
|session|Your ZipWhip API key|
7) Click Apply.
To add a recipient to use the new ZipWhip carrier:
1) Right click Recipients, select Add.
2) Give the Recipient a name.
3) Set the Carrier to: ZipWhip
4) In the ID/PIN, enter a 10 digit cell phone number.
5) Click Apply.
At this point, you should now be able to send messages using the ZipWhip API!