Use Verizon EMAG with
PageGate supports sending messages through Verizon's Enterprise Messaging Access Gateway (EMAG).
When registering on EMAG, we recommend registering for the SMTP and SNPP API's. Registering for both allows you to configure SNPP, the more efficient protocol, as the primary method of delivery with SMTP as a failover method for redundancy.
Here's what you'll need to do in PageGate:
1) Open the PageGate Admin.
2) Right click on Carriers, left click on Add.
3) Specify the following:
Name: EMAG (Note: This is arbitrary, you can assign any value you please)
4) Click on Apply.
5) Go to Carriers - EMAG - Advanced.
6) In the Password field, enter the Verizon SNPP API username and password (note: This is a separate username and password from your EMAG website login credentials and is configured in the API's section of their website), separated by a single space.
For example: emagname passwordhere
7) Click on Apply.
8) Right click on Carriers, left click on Add.
9) Specify the following:
Name: EMAG-Failover (Note: This is arbitrary, you can assign any value you please)
Carrier Domain: vzemag.biz
Port: Select the port required by your SMTP server.
MAx Chars: 160
10) Click on Apply.
11) Go to Carriers - EMAG-Failover - Advanced
12) Select: Deliver through local/ISP mail server.
13) Enter your SMTP Server address.
14) If authentication credentials are required, enter them in the Username and Password fields.
15) Click on Apply.
16) Go to Program - Template.
17) In the Settings section, set the InternetDomain = variable to your email domain.
18) Click on Apply.
19) Go to Carriers - EMAG - Advanced.
20) Set the Failover field to: EMAG-Failover
21) Click on Apply.