Steps to Use TriTech InformCAD with PageGate
Send Text and SMS Messages from InformCAD
Here are the steps for InformCAD:
PageGate can be easily integrated with Tritech's InformCAD by using PageGate's SNPP-in module to receive SNPP messages from InformCAD.
Here's how to configure the GetSNPP module to receive SNPP traffic:
1) Create the directory: C:\PageGateData\SNPP\
2) In Windows, browse in to the PageGate installation directory.
3) Move the snppserver.exe, pininfo.txt and snpp.ini files from the PageGate program directory to the c:\PageGateData\SNPP\ folder.
4) The first thing we'll need to do is modify the snpp.ini file. Open the file in notepad.
To give you a little more information, this .ini file controls the behavior of the PageGate SNPP Server. If you are running the evaluation version of the PageGate SNPP Server, then it will stop itself every 3-5 days, and/or after 500 messages, whichever comes first.
5) Change the OutputFolder= value to c:\PageGateData\SNPP\
6) Change the LogFolder= value to c:\PageGateData\Logs\
7) Save the snpp.ini file and close notepad.
1) Open the pininfo.txt file in notepad.
2) This file contains valid PIN number information for the PageGate SNPP Server.
The format of the entries defined in this text file are:
"Starting_PIN", "Ending_PIN", "Ad-Hoc_Recipient"
If you would like PIN numbers in a range to be passed through to PageGate as the recipient's name (not using ad-hoc, but using numeric recipient names in PageGate), use the text "PG_Recipient".
For example, if you want the SNPP server to accept all 4 digit ID's, you would use this line:
If you wanted it to accept all 10 digit ID's, you would use this line:
Now, to set the SNPP Server to run as a Windows System Service, do the following:
1) Open a command prompt.
2) In the command prompt, change directory to the PageGate directory.
3) In the command prompt, type the following and hit enter:
4) Exit the command prompt.
5) Go to Start and click on Run in Windows.
6) Type the following and hit enter: net start pgsnppserver
This creates a new System Service in Windows for the PageGate SNPP Server and also starts the new System Service.
The final step is to enable the GetAscii module in PageGate:
1) Open the PG Admin.
2) Go to Interfaces - GetAscii - Settings.
3) Set the Polling Directory to: C:\PageGateData\SNPP\
4) Check Enabled.
5) Click on Apply.
5a) If prompted, you do want this enabled for all existing groups and recipients.