Steps to Use TextPipe Pro with PageGate
How to Integrate
TextPipe Pro can integrate with NotePage Inc.'s
PageGate application to add the ability to send alerts
to wireless messaging devices (pagers, mobile phones,
Steps for integration:
1) Install TextPipe Pro according to it's documentation.
2) Install and setup PageGate as instructed in
PageGate's help documents.
3) Setup and enable PageGate's Commandline/Ascii
4) In TextPipe Pro, open the example filter Integration\pagegate.fll
5) Edit the VBScript filter so that the folder
specified by the line const getAsciiPolledDirectory
= "c:\Program files\PageGate\Polled\" reflects the actual
folder that will be used by PageGate's Commandline/Ascii
interface. Ensure that the users specified in TextPipe:
'who the message is from const fromUser = "TextPipe"
'who the message is to const toUser = "SysAdmin" are
users correctly setup within PageGate.
6) Ensure that PageGate's Commandline/Ascii interface
uses the folder you have just specified.
7) In TextPipe, click the Trial Run button. This
processes the text in the Trial Run Input area, and
causes the two lines with the word ERROR to be sent
to the pager.
8) Use this example filter to develop your own
GetAscii (Commandline/Ascii) Settings
PageGate's GetAscii (Commandline/Ascii) interface must
be enabled for the integration of PageGate and WebWatchBot.
1. Run PageGate's Administration program (PG
2. Double-click on the 'Interfaces' object.
3. Double-click on the 'GetAscii' object.
4. Click on the 'Settings' object.
5. Type in a path for PageGate to use as a polling
directory for this interface (or hit the '...' button
to browse to an existing folder).
6. Check the 'Enabled' checkbox.
7. Click the 'Apply' button. Recipient/Group
PageGate recipients and groups must
have the Ascii service enabled in order to receive messages
1. Add a new or edit an existing PageGate recipient
2. On the recipient's or group's settings screen,
check the 'Ascii' checkbox in the 'Enabled Services'
3. Click the 'Apply' button. GUI Client Settings