Steps to Use Spotted Dog Technologies Rover with
Steps to Send Text and SMS Messages to Spotted Dog's Rover
Spotted Dog Technologies' Rover supports being messaged via WCTP and can be easily configured in PageGate.
Before you get started, you'll need two pieces of information from Spotted Dog Technologies:
The recipient ID
The password to access the WCTP host
Once you have that information, here's what you'll need to do in PageGate:
1) Open PG Admin.
2) Right click 'Carriers', select 'Add'.
3) Specify the following:
Max Chars: 6000
Note: Don't enter the https:// in the host field, PageGate automatically inserts it when port 443 is specified.
4) Click Apply.
5) Go to Carriers - Rover - Advanced.
6) Enter the username and password specified by Spotted Dog.
7) Click Apply.
Now that we've told the program how to message Rover, here's how to add a recipient to use their service:
1) In PG Admin, right click 'Recipients' and select 'Add'.
2) Give the recipient a name.
3) Set 'Carrier' to: Rover
4) Enter the value provided by Spotted Dog in the ID/PIN field.
5) Click Apply.