1) Make a backup copy of the PageGate Database
(pagegate.mdb) typically located in c:\PageGateData\Database\
2) Download the latest installation file for
3) Stop ALL PageGate programs and services.
Make sure absolutely no part of PageGate is running.
4) Run the installation file downloaded in step
5) Select "Install PageGate Server"
6) Unless the program needs to be installed
to a location other than c:\Program Files\PageGate\,
you can just click on Next until it finishes.
7) Click on Finish.
7a) If it asks you to reboot, please do so.
8) Run the PageGate Admin.
9) Tell it Yes, you do want to update the database.
10) When prompted, enter your version 6 registration
11) Once the database has been updated, you
can restart the PageGate Admin as well as all of the
|| Pentium 500
mhz or better
|| 128 Mb of RAM
(typically 256 Mb total memory for Win 2000, XP,
2003, or 1 Gig for Vista)
|| 50 Mb Hard
Drive Free (for application & database)
|| 300 baud or faster modem
for dialup connections
serial cable for direct connections or a
dedicated Internet connection
2000, XP, 2003, Vista (32 bit)