NotePager Pro v3 to v5 Upgrade Instructions:
1. Make sure you have a NotePager Pro v5 registration
To verify that you have a NotePager Pro Version 5 registration
key, please have a look at your registration information.
Contained within the registration information is a “Version”
field. The Version field will let you know which version
of PageGate the registration information is to be used
2. Make a backup of the NotePager Pro Database
The easiest way to back up NotePager Pro is to do this:
2a. Right click on the shortcut for NotePager
2b. Left click 'Open File Location' or 'Open
2c. Find the npp.mdb file. NOTE: If you have
Windows configured NOT to show you extensions of known
file types, the file's name will be 'npp' and its type
will be 'Microsoft Access'
2d. Copy this file to a CD, make a copy on a
network location, make a copy in a different folder
on the current system, the methods of backing up can
3. Close NotePager Pro.
4. Download the installation file for NotePager
Pro version 5.
4a. When prompted, SAVE the file to a convenient
location such as your desktop.
5. Right click on the installation file and
select 'Run as Administrator' NOTE: YOU MUST DO THIS.
If you try to run the installation normally, the User
Accounts Control security feature of your operating
system will prevent the program from functioning properly.
6. Click on Next on the first step.
7. Click on Next on the second step.
8. On the third step, review the End User License
Agreement, then select "I accept the agreement" and
click on Next.
9. Click on Browse on the fourth step.
10. At the top, change C:\Program Files (x86)\NotePager
Pro\ to c:\NotePager Pro\
11. Click on OK.
12. Click on Next.
13. Click on Next until the installation finishes.
14. Click on Finish.
15. Right click on the shortcut for NotePager
Pro on the desktop and select 'Run as Administrator'
16. When prompted, enter the NotePager Pro
version 5 registration key and click on Apply.
16a. Close the Registration section when finished.