PageGate can easily be configured to send messages through Google Hangouts with the XMPP protocol! Here's how:
1) Open PG Admin.
2) Right click Carriers, select 'Add'.
3) Specify the following:
Name: Something straightforward, like GHangouts or GoogleIM
4) Click Apply.
5) Go to Carriers - <Your New Google Hangouts Carrier> - Advanced
6) Set the Username to the Gmail username (including @gmail.com) these messages should come from.
7) Set the Password to the password for that account.
8) Click Apply.
9) Go to Carriers - <Your New Google Hangouts Carrier> - Template
10) Copy and Paste this in to the Settings section:
SubjectSearchLength = 0
11) Click Apply.
Now that you have PageGate ready to send messages through Google Hangouts, here's how to create a Google Hangouts recipient:
1) In PG Admin, right click Recipients and select Add.
2) Give the recipient a name.
3) Set the Carrier to the Google Hangouts carrier you created.
4) In the ID/PIN field, enter the Google contact address (includiung @gmail.com) you want to message.
5) Click Apply.