Joined: 25 Aug 2003
|Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 am Post subject:
|Thankfully, transferring PG from one server to another is fairly straightforward. Here's what you'll want to do:
1) On the current PG server, open PG Admin.
2) Go to Program - Settings.
3) Make a note of the database directory, then browse to that directory in Windows.
4) Within this directory, you'll find a file called 'pagegate.mdb'. This file is the master database for the program and contains everything important (carriers, recipients, groups, program setup information, etc). Make a copy of this database available to your new AWS server.
5) On the new AWS server, use these steps to install PageGate:
6) Run the PageGate Admin and allow it to create all of the default content and directories.
7) Take the copy of the master database you made in step 4 and paste it in to the new server's database directory, overwriting the existing file.
8) Use these steps to switch PageGate's run style to Windows Service:
If you need any assistance along the way, touch base and we'll be happy to help.