Joined: 25 Aug 2003
|Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:52 am Post subject:
|While PageGate version 6 can be installed and run on Server 2012, I would recommend upgrading to version 7 since you're going to be transferring the software anyways as there are some long-term stability issues that version 6 had on Server 2012 that have been resolved in version 7.
Here are the steps on how to transfer PageGate version 6's information from one server to another.
1) On the current v6 system, make a backup copy of the PageGate Database (pagegate.mdb) typically located in c:\PageGateData\Database\
2) Since you're using Windows Server 2012, use this instllation file:
and these steps to install version 6 on the new system:
3) After the installation has finished, run the PageGate Admin.
4) When prompted, leave everything at their default locations and click on Apply, then tell it to create all of the directories it asks about.
5) Click on OK.
6) Copy the pagegate.mdb you made in Step 1 in to the c:\PageGateData\Database\ directory on the new server and tell it yes, you do want to overwrite the existing file.
7) Use this video tutorial to switch your run style to a Windows Service: http://www.notepage.net/videos/pagegate-run-styles.htm
If you do upgrade to version 7, use the above steps but use the version 7 installation file instead.