Joined: 25 Aug 2003
|Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm Post subject:
|You will need to download and install PageGate version 7 but you can do an in-place upgrade that will carry over all existing settings. Here's how to do an in-place upgrade from version 6 to version 7:
1) Make a backup copy of the PageGate Database (pagegate.mdb) typically located in c:\PageGateData\Database\
Note: Make certain that version 7 installs to the existing PageGate directory. If you're unsure of the program's current directory, open the PageGate Admin and go to the Program - Settings section.
2) If you use Windows XP or Server 2003, use these steps to install version 7 over top the previous version:
If you use Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2008, or Server 2012, use these steps to install version 7 over top of the previous version:
3) After the installation has finished, run the PageGate Admin.
4) Tell it yes, you do want to upgrade the database.
5) When prompted, enter your version 7 registration key.
6) After the key has been applied and you close the registration screen, you'll be informed that your database has been upgraded and that PageGate must be restarted. Click on OK.
7) Use this video tutorial to switch your run style to a Windows Service: http://www.notepage.net/videos/pagegate-run-styles.htm
If you need anything else, please let us know.