PageGate can be easily integrated with eG Innovations' eG Manager by using PageGate's GetAscii interface.
The first step is to find the 'tmp' folder in the eG Manager installation directory. By default, c:\eGurkha\tmp\
If PageGate is installed on the same system as eG Manager, you can use the local file path to the folder.
If PageGate is installed on a separate system, you'll need to share that folder on the network to provide PageGate access to
it. However, if GetAscii will be referencing a network resource, you will need to provide a service account to the GetAscii
Windows service to allow it permission to access the network location.
Once you have the directory's location, here's what you'll need to do:
1) Open PG Admin.
2) Go to Interfaces - GetAscii - Settings.
3) Set the 'Polling Directory' to <EG_MANAGER_INSTALL_DIR>\tmp
By default: C:\eGurkha\tmp\
If referencing a network path: \\YourEGMANAGERserver\YourSharedDirectoryName\tmp\
4) Check Enabled.
5) Click Apply.
6) When prompted, you do want this enabled for all recipients and groups.
7) Go to Program - Settings.
8) In 'Run on this Server', check GetAscii if it isn't already checked.
9) Click Apply
9a) When prompted for credentials, leave them blank and click Apply again.
At this point, PageGate is now configured to receive alerts froom eG Manager. Happy messaging!