PageGate can be easily integrated with Crimestar Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) by having it send email to PageGate for translation to SMS, fax, page, ticket tracking system interaction, XMPP chat systems or a mix and match of them all. PageGate's GetMail interface gives it the ability to receive email traffic for translation.
First, we'll need to configure the GetMail interface to accept messages.
1) Right click on the PG Admin shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator'
1a) If prompted by the UAC, allow the process to continue.
2) Go to Interfaces - GetMail - Settings.
3) Check Enabled.
4) PageGate will accept messages addressed to the domain referenced in the 'Local Domain' field.
We recommend creating an email sub-domain and redirecting its relevant DNS records (usually MX, sometimes A) to the PageGate server.
For example, let's say you have the domain 'something.com'. You would want to talk with your email domain administrators and request that they create a sub-domain, something like 'alert.something.com' or 'sms.something.com', and redirect it to the PageGate server.
When you do, use the new domain's value in the 'Local Domain' field.
The rest of the settings aren't related to bringing traffic in to the program, so we won't need to configure anything else here.
5) Click Apply.
5a) If prompted, you do want this enabled for all of the recipients and groups.
6) Go to Program - Settings.
7) Check 'GetMail' in the 'Run on this Server' section.
8) Click Apply.
9) If prompted for credentials, leave them blank and click Apply again.
Once you have PageGate ready to receive email, you can configure Crimestar CAD to email dispatch alerts to PageGate for translation.