Integrating CA-3000 Card Access Security System with
Send Text and SMS Messages from CA-3000 Card Access Secrity System
PageGate can be easily integrated with Continental Access' CA3000 Card Access system by using PageGate's SNPP server to receive SNPP alerts.
Here's how to configure PageGate's SNPP server to receive alerts from the CA3000:
1) Create a directory where the SNPP Server and its files will reside. We recommend creating the following directory: C:\PageGateData\SNPP\
2) In Windows, browse in to the PageGate installation directory.
3) Move the snppserver.exe, pininfo.txt and snpp.ini files to the folder you created in step 1.
4) The first thing we'll need to do is modify the snpp.ini file. Open the file in notepad.
To give you a little more information, this .ini file controls the behavior of the PageGate SNPP Server. If you are running the evaluation version of the PageGate SNPP Server, it will stop itself every 3-5 days, and/or after 500 messages, whichever comes first.
3) Change the OutputFolder= value to the directory you created in step 1.
4) Change the LogFolder= value to your PageGate Logging directory. If you are unsure of what this folder is, open the PageGate Admin and go to the Program - Settings section.
5) Save the snpp.ini file and close notepad.
1) Open pininfo.txt in notepad.
2) This file tells the SNPP server what range of numbers can be passed to the server. The format of the entries defined in this text file are:
"Starting PIN", "Ending PIN", "recipient type"
If you would like ID numbers in a range to be recognized as the recipient's name (not using ad-hoc, but using numeric recipient names in PageGate), use the text "PG_Recipient" as shown below:
If you would like ID numbers in a range to be passed through PageGate as intact ID's to another source in an ad-hoc range, use the name of a Recipient in PageGate whose type is Ad-Hoc.
For example, if your CA3000 uses a 10 digit ID, you would use this line for static recipients:
and you would use this line for an adhoc configuration:
To set the SNPP Server to run as a Windows Service, do the following:
1) Open a command prompt.
2) Change directory to the SNPP Server's program directory.
3) Type the following and hit enter:
4) Exit the command prompt.
5) Open the Services list in Windows.
6) Go in to the Properties of the PageGate SNPP Server service.
7) Change the Startup Type to Automatic and Start the Service.
Once this has been done, the final step is to configure the GetASCII module to read the data from the SNPP server. To do so:
1) Open the PageGate Admin.
2) Go to Interfaces - GetASCII - Settings.
3) In the Polling Directory, specify the PageGate SNPP Server's output folder.
4) Put a check in Enabled.
5) Click Apply.
At this point, PageGate will listen for any alert notifications from the CA3000 to send out in any format that PageGate supports (SMS, pages, email, web API, chat server, etc).