Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Location: Dayton, OH
|Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:45 am Post subject: Installing Version 8 on new server but need to import databa
|I am upgrading our existing end of life server to a newer one. I will also be upgrading our current version of PageGate Version 6 to a new install of Version 8 on the new server.
I know I need to make a copy of the database from Version 6 but where would I be prompted to install it when I do the new install on the new server?
Also, are there any problems with Version 8 running on a Windows 10 workstation?
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
|Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 am Post subject:
|Here's how to transfer PageGate version 6's information in to a new PageGate version 8 server:
1) On the PageGate version 6 system, make a backup copy of the PageGate database (file name: pagegate.mdb). To determine where the file is located, open the PageGate Admin and go to Program - Settings and you should see the 'Database Directory' on the right.
2) On the new server, install PageGate version 8. For specific installation steps, have a look at our documentation here: http://www.notepage.net/manuals/pg/v8/server/html/index.html
Or the video tutorial here: https://www.notepage.net/videos/pagegate-v8-installation.htm
3) After installing PageGate version 8, right click on the shortcut for the PageGate Admin and left click 'Run as Administrator'
4) When prompted for the default setup information, click Apply.
5) If it prompts you to create a few directories, please do so.
6) You should then receive a notification that a new database has been created. Click OK.
7) Copy the PageGate version 6 database in to the PageGate version 8's database directory.
8) When prompted, you do want to overwrite the existing file.
9) Right click on the shortcut for the PageGate Admin and left click 'Run as Administrator'
10) When prompted, you do want to upgrade the database.
11) After the upgrade is finished, you'll be prompted for your version 8 registration key. Enter it and click Apply.
12) Click OK, then Close, then OK again.
13) Right click on the shortcut for the PageGate Admin and left click 'Run as Administrator'
14) Go to Program - Settings.
15) In the 'Run PageGate as' section, select: Windows Service
16) Click Apply.
17) When prompted for credentials, leave them blank and click Apply again.
18) When 'Switching Run Styles' goes away, open the Windows Services list.
19) Find and start the PageGate service, if it hasn't already started.
If you need any help along the way, please let us know.