Joined: 25 Aug 2003
|Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm Post subject:
|Here are the steps on how to transfer PageGate version 5's information to a new PageGate version 7 server:
1) On the current v5 system, make a backup copy of the PageGate Database (pagegate.mdb) typically located in c:\PageGateData\Database\
2) Use these steps to install PageGate v7 on the new server: http://www.notepage.net/install-pagegate-7-on-vista-7-8-2008-or-2012.htm
3) After the installation has finished, run the PageGate Admin.
4) When prompted, leave everything at their default locations and click on Apply, then tell it to create all of the directories it asks about.
5) Click on OK.
6) Copy the pagegate.mdb you made in Step 1 in to the c:\PageGateData\Database\ directory on the new server and tell it yes, you do want to overwrite the existing file.
7) Run the PageGate Admin again and tell it yes, you do want to upgrade the database.
8) When prompted, enter your version 7 registration key.
9) After the key has been applied and you close the registration screen, you'll be informed that your database has been upgraded and that PageGate must be restarted. Click on OK.
10) Use this video tutorial to switch your run style to a Windows Service: http://www.notepage.net/videos/pagegate-run-styles.htm