NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate v7 error #5 when setting to run as a service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palinxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: PageGate v7 error #5 when setting to run as a service Reply with quote

hello,

I am setting up a new installation of PageGate v7 on Windows 2012 R2. The software is installed and I am attempting to set PageGate to run as a Windows service, when I do this the software crashes with a "PG Admin Fatal Error - Error #5 Invalid operation. in Procedure:frmSetup apply" and the Admin closes. This is the same whether I use System (i.e. no user or password) or use a user and password.

Regards

Paul

Also noticed just now that I get a "PGAdmin - Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" when I attempt to start the PageGate server...so it looks like something is really wrong with the application...I have tried reinstalling over the top, still the same issue.

The documentation mentions Windows 2012...this should include 2012 R2 i'm guessing? I think most people would not be running 2012...a little like running Vista a few years back...

Palinxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

OK, I have now been able to successfully set the software to run as a service.

I had to completely remove the software and then I reinstalled in the default directory C:\program files (x86)...previously was on d:\program files (x86).

Must have been a bad install.

Regards

Paul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: