|Top Previous Next|
PageGate can reference a Microsoft Fax Server either on its local system or, if one has been configured on the same network, another server. These steps are for configuring the local Microsoft Fax Server.
Note: Please install the Microsoft Fax Server first.
1)If you do not already have a Windows User Account you want PageGate to use, create one.
2)In Windows, grant this Account the "log on as service" policy.
3)Log out of Windows on the PageGate server, then log back in with the new user account
4)Open the Microsoft Fax Service Manager.
5)Go to Accounts.
6)Create a Fax Account that matches the Windows Logon Name of the PageGate account, which should also be the user account you're logged in with.
7)Close the Microsoft Fax Service Manager.
8)Run Windows Fax and Scan
9)Go to Tools - Fax Accounts - Add.
10) Select "Connect to a Fax Server on my network"
11) Enter \\127.0.0.1 and click on Next.
Note: When referencing a Microsoft Fax server, you MUST share the Fax in Devices and Printers, even if the Microsoft Fax Server is installed locally on the PageGate Server. If the Fax in question has not been shared, the PageGate Server will be denied access to it.
12) Enter a name or title for this connection, click on Done then click on Close.
13) From within Windows Fax and Scan, send a test fax to verify that the connection is established and functions.
14) If you have PageGate running as a Windows Service, apply the username and password configured for Faxing in the "Log On" section of the PageGate, PageGate Scheduler and PageGate Connector X services in the Services list. If you are running PageGate as an Application, you MUST be logged in as the Fax Account User in Windows for this to function properly.
15) Go through the steps in Creating a FAXSrv Carrier.
The fax document is rendered by notepad.exe and the default settings are unique to the Windows User Account that PageGate is using. To modify the margins, format or output of headers and footers:
1)Log in to Windows as the Fax Account User.
2)Run Notepad in Windows.
3)Go to File - Page Setup.
4)Make any modifications you wish, then click on OK.