NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

WCTP MCR Responses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PagerMan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: WCTP MCR Responses Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm attempting to send a WCTP MCR message to my Arch 2-way pager.

I get the MCR list of possible responses when I reply to the page, but the problem is, I still have all the "canned" possible responses (such as "Custom Reply", "Yes", "OK", "No", "Thank You") as well.

I thought the whole point was to limit the possible responses to just those in the list passed to the WCTP gateway?

Is there some parameter that I'm missing that I can use to limit the possible responses to just those I provide? I do know that this is possible on my pager because Arch customer service sent me such a message once. I had ONLY the choices they provided. It was pretty cool. That's what I'm attempting to do.

Any advice or suggestions would be most gratefully apprecitated!

Here's an XML snippet:

<wctp-Payload>
<wctp-MCR>
<wctp-MessageText>This is MCR test #2</wctp-MessageText>
<wctp-Choice>1. a</wctp-Choice>
<wctp-Choice>2. b</wctp-Choice>
<wctp-Choice>3. c</wctp-Choice>
<wctp-Choice>4. d</wctp-Choice>
</wctp-MCR>
</wctp-Payload>
</wctp-SubmitRequest>
</wctp-Operation>

Also tried:

<wctp-ChoicePair>
<wctp-SendChoice>2. b</wctp-SendChoice>
<wctp-ReplyChoice>bbb</wctp-ReplyChoice>
</wctp-ChoicePair>

But doesn't look like Arch supports that, or I just don't have it formatted right (doesn't parse)...

Thanks in advance!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: WCTP MCR Responses Reply with quote

I have gone through the WCTP specification, and your sample, and I don't see any other options, or ways of doing it, other than what you have posted. It all looks good from here.

It kind of sounds like a problem on the Arch end.

Sorry I couldn't come up with anything usefull.

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAMobility (the paging company formerly known as Arch) has a custom package installed on their web based 2-way paging interface. When you generate a message to a subscriber, the sender has the option of including cuatom reply phrases. When the recipient gets the message - he/she can select one of the included replies to transmit back. As I said, this was an application custom designed for Arch and was used as a way to differentiate them from their competition in the 2-way paging market

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PagerMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies!

Well, I guess I'll see if I can contact someone at Arch (USAMobility) and see what they say. If I find out anything of interest, I'll post the answer back.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this for me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: