NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

finding the capcodes assigned to groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itstaff@cmmccares.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: finding the capcodes assigned to groups Reply with quote

I am needing to know where I can find capcodes assigned to different groups. It is easy to find in the recipient list, but the groups list does not show it.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Lance

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of PageGate are you using?

itstaff@cmmccares.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are on version 9.0

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there isn't an explicit list of recipient IDs that a group references, only the names of the recipients and then the recipients contain the capcodes in their settings.

However, if you open PG Admin and go to Recipients - Any Recipient - Groups, it should display which groups that recipient is contained within and that should make it a little easier to determine which cap codes are a part of which groups.

itstaff@cmmccares.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an outside agency wanting to send pages to a specific group. They are looking for the capcode for that one group, and it would be nice for me to know as well

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's a slightly different prospect and I need a little more information about how you have everything configured.

Which interfaces are you currently using and do you give the recipients names or are the names the cap codes? Also, same question for group names.

OzCom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Group CapCode" concept actually resides in the Paging Terminal. That CapCode has an "ID" (which was initially typically a unique DID or individual phone number associated with that CapCpde). In this way, a system or person could send a message to that ID and the paging Terminal would broadcast over the radio transmitter. ALL pagers/devices that had that common CapCode "burned" into memory would receive, decode, and display the message.

All PageGate does is send a message to a recipient ID via carrier or carriers. Group messaging in PageGate simply sends a copy of that message to every individual recipient who is a "member" of that group. They do not all need to use the same carrier.

In a typical Public Safety solution - a group message (such as "All Hands Working Fire") can go to Pagers, cell phones, automated response systems (like Active911 or IAMResponding), e-mail addresses, even fax machines.

Does this help clarify?

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate

Last edited by OzCom on Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itstaff@cmmccares.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the problem is:
the company that monitors the HVAC system, calls in to the paging phone number, and inputs the capcode he was given years ago, that is supposed to go to all the members of the maintenance department anytime something goes down, rather than call 9 times to page each and every person in the maintenance department. I need to verify that he has the correct capcode for the group

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, those group capcodes are controlled by the paging terminal itself and should be configurable there (with zBase if you're using a Zetron terminal, for example).

itstaff@cmmccares.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! That gives me some place to start. I will leave this open for now, until I have a chance to try it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: