NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Verizon messages not getting received

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Verizon messages not getting received Reply with quote

Sending via emag. None of the reports show 'bad msg'. Any ideas on what to check?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing you'll want to check is the protocol negotiation logs. If you open PG Admin and go to Program - Global Log, it will show you a record of which connectors handled what messages.

Once you find reference to the missing messages, you should see lines like this:
PGDial1 SUCCESSFUL
PGDial1 FAILED
and so on

That lets you know which connector log has the protocol negotiation and that's your next step.

In PG Admin, go to Connectors - The Connector that handled the message - Log

Use the clipboard button and paste it in to a text editor for easier reference, then search for the missing messages. You should see the protocol negotiation with the EMAG host.

If you need assistance going through the logs, please email a copy of the log files located in c:\PageGateData\Logs\ to support at notepage dot com

OzCom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are marked as SUCCESSFUL in PageGate - that means that the Verizon Wireless EMAG system accepted responsibility for delivery. You should log into your management portal on the EMAG system and see what happened to the message. A very common cause of a failure from the EMAG out is because the recipient cell number has NOT been added to the list of potential recipients in the EMAG database. You also need to ensure that cross carrier delivery is activated by the Verizon Wireless system

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
abdou0dz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: I need help I am beggin you Reply with quote

hello sir . I hope u doing great . I wanna ask you about something . a few months ago I used to send email to sms gateway sms's throw a postfix mail server exemple : 10digits@sms-gateway.com . it pop up on the sms messages . and it was working fine before . but now when I do same thing the verizon isq block me when sending bulk . and they release new security from cloudmark

mailq log : (host vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net[35.167.120.54] said: 421 4.1.0 <branche38889@haisdhsd.taassia.buzz> server temporarily unavailable AUP#MXRT (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major North American carriers have been tightening their anti-spam verification policies and have also implemented new volumetric restrictions on their public Email-to-SMS gateways.

If you receive a 421 or 554 rejection notice, the first thing you'll want to do is verify that the SMTP server you're sending traffic through has an SPF record that includes the IP address of the mail server.

The next thing you'll want to do is make sure the email domain the traffic is coming FROM has a DKIM record associated with it.

If you already have valid SPF and DKIM records, your site has sent too much traffic through the email-to-SMS relay system and the carriers can, and WILL, blacklist you from sending traffic through these gateways.

If you end up on a carrier blacklist, you can attempt to reach out to the carrier for remediation but it can be INCREDIBLY difficult and we would recommend changing your method of delivery to something ultimately more stable, like cellular hardware, an SMS API or access to a carrier enterprise messaging system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: