NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Can Ver7 database run on Ver8?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to try a USB to RS232 adapter to see if it's the on-board COM port that's malfunctioning or if something else is happening. Currently, it looks like the on-board port can't communicate.

mwaters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it working now! I remembered I had a USB to Serial adapter in my laptop bag and I tried that and voila, it worked over COM4. There is something not working with the motherboard-based COM ports, I think. It occurred to me because on the older working server, PageGate uses the COM port through an additional PCI card and not on the system's on-board COM port.

I'll test a bit longer but I think this will work. I suppose I could get a PCI COM port card and try that as well.

Now onto the other task I need to solve.. Getting a Version 8 virtual server to work over a LanTronix IP to Serial device. That is ultimately where I want to go with all of this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: