NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

WebPage Template File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laphamr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: WebPage Template File Reply with quote

When setting up a new recipient from a PG Admin not on the server, when attempting to select the WebPage, I receive a message that No template files were found. Please check you settings.

When configuring the client for first use, I pointed the Program directory to the directory on my client. The Database is going to \\%servvername%\database, archive is going to \\%servername%\archive, and the logs are going to \\%servername%\logs. I have given full permissions to the file structure and the share itself.

Essentially, as it stands, I cannot change or add any data to the PageGate Web Client without logging on to the server itself and running the Admin program as admin everytime.

Thank you

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the web pages path is a bit different than the database or archive paths.

If you open PG Admin on the server and go in to Interfaces - GetWeb - Settings, you'll see the web pages and CGI data paths. Based on what you're describing, I think the paths currently in there are local drive paths; probably something like c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ and c:\inetpub\pgscripts\

Since those values are written to the database and PG Admin on the workstation references the same database, the workstation is, effectively, trying to access content on a local drive that doesn't exist on the workstation.

To resolve, you'll want to share out the web pages and CGI data paths on the network, then change the settings in Interfaces - GetWeb - Settings to reflect the UNC paths. That way, when the client attempts an operation that interacts with GetWeb, it has permission to access the necessary files and folders on the server.

As a side note, after setting GetWeb to reference UNC paths, you may need to provide a service account with read/write/modify access to the PageGate GetWeb Windows service; your Local System Account may not have appropriate permissions to reference the UNC paths.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: