NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

texts to us cellular numbers via pagegate failing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. We're going to standardize this in the program and package the update in the next installer but if you'll let us know how many connectors you have, we can provide the executables.

drewlyle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the 8.4.1 update must have already updated the connector. My pgdial1.exe file in the program folder is 2,817 KB and the properties say 8.4.0.1.

Same information given if I look at properties of the downloaded connector update file. And if I look at Connector1 now, it already has a place for Template and then a Settings box.

I think I can just stop it, add the timeout, and restart it.

Drew

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew,

The file located in https://www.notepage.net/download/dev/pgdial1.exe is a new build the development team posted but was done under the current build number, 8.4.1. It will be updated to 8.4.2 once it's packaged in the updated installer.

drewlyle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...gotcha. Replaced the connector and still get this verbage preceded by the date time stamp in the connector log for a text to US Cellular:
Trying host: av1.mx.uscc.net
Connected to av1.mx.uscc.net (5:03:04pm)
No response (5:03:34pm) (Looks like it didn't wait the full 60 I specified). Or maybe the 60 is just for initial connection?)

Seems like its something weird with US Cellular. Seems to be connecting now with no problem. I notice if I telnet manually to the US Cellular server, it does answer...but seems to take it about 42 seconds.

Drew

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... that's odd. The template variables are case and punctuation sensitive, so to be sure, the variable needs to be:
SMTPConnectTimeout = 60

The spaces on either side of the = do need to be there, the declaration won't work if it's:
SMTPConnectTimeout=60

drewlyle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've got it with just one space on each side of the equals and the Case right on the value. Doesn't seem like it waits the full 60 between SMTP commands. I think maybe the 60 is just for the initial connection and then US Cellular's SMTP server is just not responding fast enough and is causing Pagegate to respond with a No Response. Maybe US Cellular is working on something. Not sure what else to try for them. If I just email a US Cellular number from Outlook, they get the page pretty quickly. Weird!

Drew

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew,

It could be a lingering mistrust between the US Cellular receiving system and the public IP your server sits behind; they're definitely delaying the connection response.

US Cellular can be a little sensitive to SPF validation, so you may want to make sure the public IP of your PageGate server is on the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) DNS record for the domain it's declaring in the ehlo/helo statement (which is also the InternetDomain variable in Program - Template).

On a related note, all of the carriers are growing increasingly sensitive to SPF validation and you'll really want to make sure the IP is on the SPF record.

drewlyle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...thanks! I'll try and figure out how to check that and dig further. I also notice that the PG Monitor shows 8 for Connectors at the moment. They are all shown green under the Good column. I was thinking that we should just show with 2 good connectors always but maybe I am misunderstanding connectors. I don't remember it showing as any more than 2 before but I could be wrong and just hadn't noticed it. Just wanted to be sure this is right and that I haven't broken some functionality! :)

Thanks!
Drew

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, go in to the 'Registration' section of PG Admin and make a note of the number in 'Connectors' in the upper right hand corner.

Then go to Program - Settings and make sure you only have the number of Connectors you're licensed for checked. For example, if you're licensed for 8 connectors, you'll want Connectors 1 - 8 checked but if you're licensed for 2, you'll only want Connectors 1 and 2 checked.

drewlyle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registration information shows 2 in connectors.

In Program/Settings, Pagegate is running as a Windows Service and only Connector 1 and 2 are checked.

But on the PG Monitor, currently, on the left hand side between Client and Pending, the monitor shows 14 good connectors and 0 bad connectors.

I do see in the second column Connector1 shows 10 good and Connector2 shows 4 good. Maybe Connectors in the left is just a sum total of pages sent? I was thinking it should just show 2 since we have 2 connectors.

Everything after Connector2 in the second and third column is Red with 0/0 as I'd expect with only using two connectors.

Thanks!
Drew

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right, the monitor will show you the status of all connectors. The active connectors are the ones in green, the inactive connectors are the ones in red.

The 'Connectors' field at the bottom of the list does represent the totals for all active connectors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: