NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Receive test messages (replies) from EMAG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zLon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Receive test messages (replies) from EMAG Reply with quote

Does anyone have the setup on how to use PageGate to check/receive messages from Verizon's EMAG?

I was using GetAscii with a Multitech modem before I switched to EMAG.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as we're aware, there isn't a vector for replies to be passed back to the originating system with EMAG. So, PageGate can initiate the calls with the EMAG system but if a recipient tries to reply to those messages, those replies go back to the EMAG portal. Unfortunately, to our knowledge, there isn't a pathway for EMAG to pass them back to PageGate for processing/distribution.

However, just in case there might be a method that we're unaware of, I did want to mention that GetWeb provides an API that other things can pass messages/alerts/replies/etc to. If the EMAG system can use a GET/POST method of delivering replies back to the originating system, you could absolutely use GetWeb to give your server the ability to receive the API calls from the EMAG system.

If an EMAG representative mentions an alternate solution or if you learn of a reply vector that's supported by EMAG, we would definitely be interested in helping you configure that.

zLon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verizon gave me the information below. Looks like my two options are SNPP and WCTP.

Update: Since my "inter-carrier code" is tied to SNPP, I'll need to get SNPP to work. --

Ok, any suggestions? How does "MSTATUS" work?

----From Verizon---
The answer is Yes, Emag supports retrieving of the messages but it depends on the protocol used.
Some protocols support "Pulling" some support "Push" Quick examples:

SNPP: Supports pulling for the most recent message only, via the "MSTATUS" command.
WCTP:Supports both push and pull.
XML:Supports pushing only.
SMTP:Supports pushing only.
------

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you zLon

Did VZW provide a link to full EMAG integration documentation? Can you share?

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zLon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzCom, no they didn't. They only things they sent me was the above information and a screenshot of the "Add WCTP Connection" page. They believe I should use WCTP, however I'm not convinced that it will work with my "intrer-carrier code" since it is linked to SNPP. I have asked if this is the case and awaiting a response.

My next confusion comes with the Return URL, I have to assume it wants to point to my PageGate server?? I'm about ready to put a modem back online.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're double checking with the development team to see if/how WCTP's 2-way functions can be implemented with PageGate and will update the thread soon.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PageGate doesn't currently support receiving messages back via WCTP but does support the WCTPResponsesTo entry in the messages sent via WCTP, which enables an email address to be sent, which can receive the responses.

For example, you could use the following in your WCTP carrier's template:
WCTPResponsesTo = me@mydomain.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: