NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate and sending txt messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sclarke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: PageGate and sending txt messages Reply with quote

Hey Forum Folk.

I'm working on a potential project and I'm wondering if a function/feature is possible.

I have an old physical PageGate server that I'm taking over. It sends outbound messages via physical landlines over two modems.

What I'm researching is if it is possible to send outbound messages, to cell phones, if my PageGate server is hosted on an AWS server. My server skills are strong, but my SMS/PageGate skills are weak (I'm new to it and learning).

What I'd like to know is if I can send outbound messages from this environment without any physical landlines/modems. I want to strictly utilize internet protocols.

I'm looking for advice/pointers.

Thanks!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't worked directly worked with an AWS implementation before but we're quite keen on making that happen, if it's possible.

To answer your question, you should be able to send messages without any physical landlines or modems but it depends on what type of messages you want to send as to what implementation you would need to go with. For example, if you want to send SMS, you would need an internet based SMS aggregator to pass the messages through. There are several options out there, from Verizon's EMAG system to companies like Qliqsoft, Infobip, Bandwidth and Clickatel.

These companies/hosting services offer web APIs (accessible via HTTPGET/POST method) and web hosts (usually SNPP, WCTP and/or SMTP) that PageGate can be configured to use.

Having said that, though, most carriers support at least one internet protocol (SMTP; email to text or email to page) for free and some have private SNPP/WCTP hosts that you can register for access to.

PageGate can certainly be configured to relay SMTP, SNPP and/or WCTP to those services. However, it's important to note that SMTP is the least reliable internet delivery protocol, so if you can use one of the message aggregators or private SNPP/WCTP hosts, your messaging will be a bit more reliable and faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: