NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

SMS Sending Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbessette259

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: SMS Sending Error Reply with quote

Our system just began sending duplicate messages. When I watch the connector log everything seems fine except it pauses after the message entry then after 30-45 seconds returns

"Received: <CR><LF>+CMS ERROR:3<VR><LF>"

Sometimes the messages is delivered with the error but then repeats the process several times resulting in duplicate messages to the receipt. Sometimes its only 4 duplicates others its 10. I've moved the modem and the signal shows 21,99 and replaced the USB cable with the same results.

I haven't found anything posted regarding error 3, so I figured I would follow up with the group.

We're running version 8.0 with a Multi-Tech MTC usb cell modem for SMS.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... CMS Error 3 usually indicates that there's an issue with the SIM, it only occurs if the SIM reports 'not ready' when you try to send an SMS. The trouble is that the error tells PageGate the message wasn't received and to re-transmit but it sounds like the device is still queuing the original messages.

I would recommend contacting Multitech.

rbessette259

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it was out of warranty so we just replaced the device and now everything is working properly. Thanks for the response.

Rich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: