NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

sendpage32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonsense

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: sendpage32 Reply with quote

I am migrating from a physical Windows 2003 32 bit server running PageGate v5 to a virtual 2012 running PageGate v7 that uses a Lantronix CPR for its virtual com and points to the IP address of the Lantronix UDS1100 device (paging groups and recipients works fine). On the 2003 box, someone had setup sendpage to send out a page every 2 minutes which is received by our LogPage monitoring software. That way if LogPage doesn't receive the page, it sends us an email to alert us that PageGate is down. I am trying to get this working on the new 2012 64 bit, and from what I read on the forum, I am supposed to use sendpage32.exe. When changing the .bat file on 2012 from:

@ECHO OFF
CALL SENDPAGE.EXE 1182910 ME "PAGEGATE KEEP ALIVE NORMAL"

to

@ECHO OFF
CALL SENDPAGE32.EXE 1182910 ME "PAGEGATE KEEP ALIVE NORMAL"

Nothing happens when triggering the .bat file.

One thing to mention is that I copied over the GetASCII folder that contained the sendpage32 and bat file from the v5 server to the v7 server. I didn't see it on v7, so I put it in a similar location (c:\PageGateData\GetASCII on v7, but was c:\pagegate\GetASCII on v5). Don't think that matters, but figured I would ask. Any ideas on how to get this working? Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendpage32.exe typically resides in the GetAscii polling directory. To determine that, open the PG Admin and go to Interfaces - GetAscii - Settings. If there isn't a directory specified there, you'll need to point it at the folder you'd like the executable to live in, then enable the module.

Also, just to double check, go to the Program - Settings section of PG Admin and make sure that GetAscii is checked under the 'Run on this Server' section. If it isn't, go ahead and check it and click Apply. If you're prompted for credentials, leave them blank and click Apply again.

nonsense

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have confirmed the GetAscii directory path is correct. It wasn't enabled though, so I enabled it. GetAscii was checked under the 'Run on this Server' section. I restarted the server and verified that the GetAscii Windows service was running, and tried the sendpage32 command again and nothing is happening. The Interfaces > GetAscii log is showing nothing when I run the .bat file. Am I doing something wrong with my command line? Using the command prompt, I tried manually typing 'sendpage32.exe <recipient> <sender> "message..." and hit enter. The recipient is the 'Recipient' name. For the sender, I presume you can type anything in there? If not, what in PageGate are you supposed to use as sender? Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I think the issue is that we need to call on the path to the executable in the command line.

Try updating it to:
c:\YourPollingDirectory\SENDPAGE32.EXE 1182910 ME "PAGEGATE KEEP ALIVE NORM

and let's see if that works.

nonsense

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working now. Thanks for your assistance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: