NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PG Admin Fatal Error: Excessive database errors:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat2024

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: PG Admin Fatal Error: Excessive database errors: Reply with quote

I am hoping the forum can help. What I am trying to do is give a user access to the Page Gate server using a standard user account. I am using a Windows Server 2012 R2 box as the server. I am using Page Gate Ver 7. Page Gate opens fine as administrator account. I get the error:

Excessive database errors: 3051 The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file pagegate.mdb. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. in Procedure: main Program Halted.

I only get this error when logging in as the domain user. If I log into the server as domain administrator, everything is fine and I can open PageGate Admin and it requires no username or password. Is there a way to allow this user access to that database? The goal is to have the user updating the groups and people in page gate. As we do not use this server exclusively for page gate, that is the reason the user cannot have admin rights. Hopefully someone will have a solution.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3051 error is a permissions related issue. It means that the user currently logged in to that workstation doesn't have read, write and modify permissions for the PageGate database and directory.

To resolve that error, you'll want to go in to the properties of the PageGateData share on the server and specify either that user or that user's group in both the Sharing and Security permissions, granting it read/write/modify.

cat2024

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick reply. Good to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: