NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Reports Issue with Apostrophe in Full Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reports Issue with Apostrophe in Full Name Reply with quote

I have discovered that if you attempt to create a Recipient List Report and check the "Full Names" checkbox and have users with an apostrophe (such as O'Dell) then you will get an error and the PG Admin will crash. The error is "Excessive database errors: 3075 Syntax Error (missing operator) in query expression '(full_name = 'O'DELL,XXXX')'. in Procedure:frmPrintPreviewRecipientListReport Program Halted. The report TXT file gets created up to the first person with an apostrophe.

It does it when printing to a file and I'm not sure if it does it when actually printing to a printer.

I have PageGate 7.0.23 (the latest) and it also did it on my previous version, 7.0.5.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've resolved the issue and have an update you'll want to apply:

1) Close the PG Admin.

2) Download the updated executable here: http://www.notepage.net/download/dev/pgadmin.exe

3) Copy and paste the file you downloaded in step 2 in to the PageGate program directory.

3a) Say yes, you do want to overwrite the file.

This patch will packaged as part of our installer for future installations.

kent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the quick fix! That did correct the issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: