NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Email Spam Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chgofire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Email Spam Issues Reply with quote

I have multiple groups (over 2500) for messaging emergency incidents throughout North America to various subscribers, municipalities and commercial companies. My system is used as a "relay" for notification purposes (both official and unofficial). Recently, one of my users emails appears to have been hacked and his email list compromised thus creating 1000's of unwanted spam messages that I can not seem to stop being sent to everybody that is set up as a subscriber to receive these messages.

Is there a way in PageGate to create a "whitelist" of acceptable email addresses that is allowed to send messages to the system and automatically reject all of the rest of the email addresses and/or domains?

Thanks!

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PageGate SMTP server process uses two files to accomplish what you want.

Under PageGate's database folder, create a new folder named "Filters"

You can create two files in that new folder: AllowedSenders and BlockedSenders. They are text files but both have no extension (*** be sure windows doesn't add a .txt extension to them)

You can put individual email addresses in each file to force PageGate to allow them or to reject them. You can also use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard.

So to block everything except certain email addresses to be sent from, put a * in the BlockedSenders file - this will block all senders, and then put the email addresses you want to allow messages from into the AllowedSenders file - this will allow only those addresses.

Is that what you were looking for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: