NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

PageGate Admin v6 Blank Menu After Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dchu7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: PageGate Admin v6 Blank Menu After Installation Reply with quote

I installed PageGate Admin v6 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8.1).

I ran the PageGate admin program as an Administrator but the main menu pane is completely empty except for a single telephone icon. Right clicking on the menu pane only gives me the option to "Exit."

I installed PageGate Admin v6 on a different computer (Optiplex Pro 990, Windows 8.1) and was able to run the program as Administrator without any problem. All the menu pane items appeared as expected (for example, Program, Database, Scheduler, Interfaces, etc.).

What would cause all the menu items to disappear on the Surface Pro installation of PageGate Admin?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue you're experiencing is something that arose after the release of version 7 and has been resolved in PageGate version 7 but a direct fix is not available for version 6 beyond upgrading to the more recent version.

There is, howerver, a file that you can replace that has been shown to resolve the issue on some systems but we cannot guarantee that this will work.

Go to one of the systems that's running the version 6 admin properly and make a copy of the following file:

c:\Windows\SysWOW64\comctl32.ocx

Then replace that file on the system that isn't displaying the PG Admin properly. You may need to reboot the system in Safe Mode to replace the file.

I would, however, recommend upgrading to PageGate version 7 as a direct fix to the issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: