NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Migrating recipients, groupmembers and carriers from V6-7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davo22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Migrating recipients, groupmembers and carriers from V6-7 Reply with quote

I have exported recipients, groupmembers and carriers from my existing installation running Pagegate V6. I have installed V7.0.20 on a new server. When I attempt to import these files I receive an incompatibility error. Is there a solution to this?

ALSO - when I am ready to bring the new server on line I plan to migrate the IP address from the current production server to the new server. Can I simply transfer the existing license from the V6 server to the V7 server? If not, what do I need to do to register the new software?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: This will require you to upgrade your registration from version 6 to version 7 as the version 6 license will not work with version 7. To upgrade your license, please contact our Sales Department at sales at notpage dot com or 781-829-0500 xt 1.

Here are the steps on how to transfer PageGate version 6's information to a new PageGate version 7 server:

1) On the current v6 system, make a backup copy of the PageGate Database (pagegate.mdb) typically located in c:\PageGateData\Database\

2) Use these steps to install PageGate version 7 on the new system: http://www.notepage.net/install-pagegate-7-on-vista-7-8-2008-or-2012.htm

3) After the installation has finished, run the PageGate Admin.

4) When prompted, leave everything at their default locations and click on Apply, then tell it to create all of the directories it asks about.

5) Click on OK.

6) Copy the pagegate.mdb you made in Step 1 in to the c:\PageGateData\Database\ directory on the new server and tell it yes, you do want to overwrite the existing file.

7) Run the PageGate Admin again and tell it yes, you do want to upgrade the database.

8) When prompted, enter your version 7 registration key.

9) After the key has been applied and you close the registration screen, you'll be informed that your database has been upgraded and that PageGate must be restarted. Click on OK.

10) Use this video tutorial to switch your run style to a Windows Service: http://www.notepage.net/videos/pagegate-run-styles.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: