NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Re: my best answer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blacklion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: my best answer Reply with quote

I have had no problem sending pages from our Orion Windows server to the server that has the PageGate program and modem, but now we would like to send pages from Statseeker, which does not run on Windows. Has anyone done this before? I think it runs on FreeBSD.

We offer best quality e10-001test papers and 1y0-300 - realmaterials. You can get our 1z0-058 - test kingguaranteedand Rasmussen College to help you in University of Kansas Medical Center the real exam of United States Naval Academy

Last edited by Blacklion on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the NIM documentation for Statseeker, which I found here http://statseeker.com/documentation/, it looks like Statseeker can be configured to send SMTP messages, which is good because our program PageGate's GetMail module allows it to receive SMTP messages.

GetMail can either be configured to POP an external POP mailbox or it can be configured to host a sub-domain, which is the better method. I'd recommend having a sub-domain created off of your main domain (for example, paging.yourdomain.com) and have the MX record for that sub-domain redirected to the IP address of the PageGate computer. Then, in GetMail's settings, you would tell it to use the created sub-domain and as soon as you do, every recipient and group in the program becomes a valid email address on the domain.

For example, let's say we have an alerting group called priority_one. You could send an email to priority_one@paging.yourdomain.com and PageGate would receive the email, read it in, then parse it out as an SMS message to every recipient listed as a member of the priority_one group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: