NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

No Dial Tone Notepager pro using US Robotics USB modem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhilbert1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: No Dial Tone Notepager pro using US Robotics USB modem Reply with quote

Notepager pro configuration with integration with Solar Winds Orion using a US Robotics USB modem. It had been working fine, then stopped. History log for dial out attempts in Dialer Log file shows *No Dial Tone* as reason. Guys in data center think phone line is fine, even tried a 2nd line they say is live, but same error. I'm able to query the modem, but noticed a difference in the Device Manager logs for what is shown the query before when it was working and after when its not. Earlier logs appear to show diagnostics for ATI6 - U.S. Robotics 56K FAX USB Link Diagnostics showing initial and final transmit/receive values of 1200, along with Data compression and protocol as NONE, more recent logs simply show NA for all of those. Is this a sign of a modem config issue, and the Dialer log in Notepager pro is misreporting the config as *No Dial Tone*.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... that's a bit odd. Usually, the "No Dial Tone" message is exactly what it says, there's no dial tone on the line plugged in to the modem. I know this may sound like a silly test but what happens if you take the phone line out of the modem, plug it in to a phone and attempt to manually dial one of the TAP numbers you've configured NotePager Pro to use?

dhilbert1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I'll have them try that, as my gut is, is that it is in fact the phone line, but haven't had any proof of actual dial tone on their end either way. I'm going on faith they said they are live, but will hit them back to prove hearing actual dial tone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: