NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Pagegate and Statseeker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcdap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Pagegate and Statseeker Reply with quote

I have had no problem sending pages from our Orion Windows server to the server that has the PageGate program and modem, but now we would like to send pages from Statseeker, which does not run on Windows. Has anyone done this before? I think it runs on FreeBSD.

Debbi

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Statseeker have the ability to create a text file or pass variables to a command line executable?

pcdap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, yes.

Debbi

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you should be able to use the GetAscii module to receive input from it. You'll want to share the GetAscii module's Polling Directory so it's accessible from other systems. Then have Statseeker pass the following command:

\\PageGateServerName\SharedDirectory\sendpage32.exe <recipient> <sender> <message>

So, for example:

\\PageGateServerName\SharedDirectory\sendpage32.exe Support Statskeer This is an example message.

That would send a message to the recipient or group named Support, specify the Sender of the message is Statseeker and the message would say "This is an example message".

pcdap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how to be sure the GetAscii dir is available to other systems. The Windows share for the entire PageGate folder is available to "Everyone".

Not having any luck so far, but still playing with it. I have a definite lack of skill regarding unix systems (sender).

Debbi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: