NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Install v6 on new server and import existing database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstanley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Install v6 on new server and import existing database Reply with quote

I am in the process of migrating my resources to a new domain and new servers. I copied the existing PageGate (v5) logs and database to a new server. I then installed v6 on the new server. I received the message that a new database was created during the install. After the install was finished, I updated the settings in the Admin program to point to the location of the existing files. However, the database in that location is new and has none of the information. Can I recopy the database from the existing server onto the new server?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all you should have to do is copy the pagegate.mdb file from the old server's Database directory in to the new server's Database directory and overwrite the existing file.

Bear in mind that when you do this, you want absolutely no part of PageGate running.

After you've copied the database over, run the Admin on the new server and tell it to upgrade the database, then enter the v6 registration key when you're prompted.

cstanley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The import worked great. I now have all of my groups and recipients. I did find one problem today. I was sending a test message and received the message that the service was not enabled for the recipient. I checked the settings and no Services are enabled for any of my Recipients. All of the other settings seem to have imported. I have close to 600 recipients in my database. Please tell me there is an easy way to fix this.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, that usually only happens if the license isn't in place. If you go to the registration section of the PG Admin, do you have your registration information entered in?

Also, did you upgrade from an old version to a new version in the transition?

cstanley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Registered and yes, I did an upgrade on the database. However, I think I updated the registration after I upgraded the database. If I copied over a new copy of the database from the old server and ran the upgrade again now that it's registered, do you think that might fix the issue?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, what you'll need to do is re-enable the modules for the program. To do that, open the PG Admin and go to Interfaces - Whatever Interface You Use - Settings.

Then uncheck enabled, click on Apply and tell it No.

Check Enabled, click on Apply and tell it Yes.

Then on the left hand side, right click on that module's name and left click on Start. That should do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: