NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

User profile problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gocart879

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: User profile problems Reply with quote

I installed the PG server, and then did the clients on my workstations. I had it all setup and working under my name, pointed the database to the server and all the other steps. Now when someone else logs in, they get the error for the missing database that it wasnt created. How can i prevent this. I have checked security on my desktop icon and made sure everyone has full control. I am confused.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the client is indicating that the server's database is missing, either the directory is locked down to a point where the pagegate.mdb in the server's database directory is unviewable or the client is pointed to the wrong UNC path.

So, what path do you currently have configured for the Server's Database Path in the PageGate Client?

gocart879

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The client works under any user that we set it up on. But for a new user that logs in, it does not function. I have shared the pagegatadata folder on the server. Should I adjust additional settings?

the path is \\hhdc2\pagegatadata\database

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the Windows Security on the PageGate Server set to require logins to access shared paths? Which is to say, if you log in as someone new and try to browse to \\hhdc2\pagegatadata\database through the Windows Explorer, does it prompt you for a set of credentials?

Also, if you go in to the File - Settings section of the PageGate Client, do you have "Save settings for current user only" or "Save settings for all users" selected?

gocart879

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet it is the save settings for all users tab. I will check into that and report back. Thank you for your time.

gocart879

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so the radio button to select the option to save settings for all users is greyed out and not available? why!

OzCom

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permissions issue - CLOSE PGClient and then RIGHT CLICK on the icon, select RUN AS administrator

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: