NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

GetWeb not updating properly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwagoner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: GetWeb not updating properly Reply with quote

We are running PageGate 5 on Server 2003 and using IIS 6. I set this server up about 4 months ago and it seemed to be working as expected. One of my coworkers created several new groups and users from a remote PGAdmin client. When I went in to look today, none of these groups had a corresponding folder in IIS. It's similar to the issue in this post:

http://www.notepage.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7569264&highlight=

The main difference is that even when making a change to a group membership directly on the server (through RDP) it's not updating IIS. I manually created a new virtual directory by copying an existing one and then changed group membership. Doing this successfully updated the webpage. We don't create groups all that often so I can manually create the virtual directories but I'm not certain what's causing this problem.

We have two separate pagegate servers (the other server is working fine) and I compared permissions in IIS and ntfs permissions of Inetpub and I don't see any differences.

I'm not sure where to look next.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open the PG Admin on the PageGate Server itself and go to the Interfaces - GetWeb - Settings, what are the web pages and CGI Data paths?

mwagoner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Web Pages Path is \\servername\Inetpub\wwwroot\
The CGI Data Path is \\servername\Inetpub\Scripts
The CGI URL is http://servername/scripts/webgate.exe

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to verify the permissions on those paths. If the web pages aren't updating when that workstation makes its modifications, it means that the user on that workstation doesn't have read/write/modify permissions to one or both paths.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so... updates to the web pages aren't happening from the workstation or even the server itself?

mwagoner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct, even when making changes on the server itself, the web pages are not updating.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means that the default.htm and index.htm files in the web paging subfolder are hard locked by IIS. Rename them and have PageGate re-propogate the pages and they should update.

mwagoner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would the web paging subfolder be?

mwagoner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I see where you're talking about. In C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ there is a subfolder which matches the name of one of our groups (for instance C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\group1. Inside this "group1" folder there are default.htm and index.htm files. These seem to update ok. When I add a new group though it's not creating a new subfolder. For instance I create "group2" and add some recipients but it doesn't create the folder C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\group2.

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you create a group - look under settings - is getWEB checked for that group?

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time that a sub-folder is created is when a webpage template is applied to a recipient or group. So if you just create a group but don't tie a template to it, you won't see a corresponding folder created.

So, if you go in to the webpage sub-section of group2, do you have a template applied to that group?

mwagoner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just double checked and yest it is.

What I've done for now is manually created the virtual directories in IIS. After doing that I removed and then added a user from a group. After doing that it populated the default.htm and index.htm files in this new virtual directory. It appears that I have a work around for now but I'd still like to find out why this is happening this way.

mwagoner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the webpage subsection of group2 there is a template applied. It's guilist.htm

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all indicating a permissions issue. If you just created the directory manually and then after that, PageGate can update the pages, it means that PageGate has been trying to automatically create the directory you just did but didn't have permission to do so. Check the literal file permissions on the inetpub folder as well as the wwwroot sub-folder, there may be something that needs to be set or re-set there.

mwagoner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to work on this for awhile. I'm back at it now.

I double checked file permissions on Inetpub and wwwroot. The wwwroot folder didn't look like it had inherited all permissions from Inetpub but I've forced it too. Still no change in behavior.

I also compared permissions between our one working server and this one and wasn't able to find many differences. I did notice that the accounts IUSR_SERVERNAME and IIS_WPG had permissions to these folders on the working server but NOT on the trouble server. There is still no change after adding them with the same permissions to the trouble server.

I used procmon to watch for any file access to the Inetpub and Inetpub\wwwroot folders and then tried removing and adding a member from a group in PGAdmin. I didn't see any file access in procmon when doing this. I would assume if it's trying to create a folder here I would at least see some errors. Do you know what process would be trying to create the folders in Inetpub\wwwroot?

I'm not sure where to look next. Any ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: