NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Strange 777xxxx caller id on text message
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Strange 777xxxx caller id on text message Reply with quote

We are using pagegate polling with asc file. For some reason, our normal caller id with area code 813 is not showing up on cell phones now. Now it is a random number always starting with 777. What could cause this?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you sending your messages? Is it with a cellular modem or via one of the standard internet or dialing based protocols?

millerjor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also started seeing this while sending SMS via TAP protocol to Verizon (1-866-823-0501).

The "source" is a 12 digit number also beginning with 777. Based on the incrementing nature of the number over multiple messages, I'd say its some globally unique identifier.

Based on our SMS logs, it started sometime between DEC04 1400 EST and DEC05 1105 EST. I imagine something probably changed on the provider end last night.

cyberdog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is via a modem using TAP protocol. So far with Verizon. Not sure about other providers yet.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's a message tracking ID number prepended by the carrier, there isn't anything you can directly do in PageGate because PageGate isn't passing that information, it's being added by the carrier after the terminal receives the message.

cyberdog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. Will wait to see if it gets fixed.

PHauck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 777 starts after implementing the Verizon Enterprise Gateway. You can go back to the SMTP and it will revert to the cell number.

cyberdog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I understand your reply. We had always been using TAP protocol via a modem with no issues until recently. Someone in my company contacted our Verizon rep and they have not heard of any issues yet. I would like to use wctp or snpp protocol for the carrier but they do not have one.
Thanks

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verizon does have an SNPP and WCTP host available if you're a member of their EMAG system. To register with their EMAG, you'll need to go here: https://enterprisemessaging.vzw.com

PHauck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check at https://enterprisemessaging.vzw.com/ We are public safety and use this as a security measure. I thought I could only get SMTP as well until they offered to set us up in EMAG. I couldn't get WCTP to work but I am working with SNPP now.

jandafields

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has started happening to me as well.

I am using Verizon TAP, so this has nothing to do with Enterprise Paging.

It is frusterating... because now my text messages all have a different "caller id number" so they don't get grouped together like they used to when they always arrived using my own phone number.

Does anyone know WHY Verizon made this change???

cyberdog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. We will look into that solution.

candy001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Verizon strange "777" source id Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck w/ the "777" source id from Verizon and get the modem number to show back up as the source id? This issue started back on Dec. 5th and has not gone away.

jandafields

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Verizon. They said the 777 nuumber will always be used from now on. There is no way to go back to the way it was before.

Also, they said that the free TAP service would be discontinued sometime in 2013.

cyberdog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found out that the Enterprise Verizon solution has a very expensive fee per month to use the newer protocols such as wctp. What are our other options to send a text message to Verizon phones? We are not using pagers. I heard that you can use cellular modems to send text. I guess cellular modem is just another name for wireless modems. I do not understand how we can use PageGate to send message via wireless modems. What protocol can we use. The PageGate server is on a network already connected to the internet.
thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: