NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Moving Pagegate 4.0 from one PC (D drive) to new PC(C drive)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcdap

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Moving Pagegate 4.0 from one PC (D drive) to new PC(C drive) Reply with quote

I am going to need to move our PageGate installation (running as a service) to a different PC. The pagegate executables and db currently live on the D: drive, Windows 2003 R2 x64 SP2, and I am going to have to install on the C: drive on the new box, Windows XP Professional, SP3. I am running version 4.0 of PageGate

What is the best process for moving this installation? I do actually still have the 4.0 install file, if it will work on XP. I am concerned that the db will have a lot of references to the D: drive.

If there is a document that tells me how to do this, will you please provide a link?

Thanks.

Debbi

OzCom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply do a fresh installation of 4.0 on the new machine. Once done, copy the OLD PageGate.mdb over to the new machine and start PageGate.

Now would be a GREAT time to upgrade to version 5 - it is only $100.00 for the upgrade

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to reiterate what OzCom said, the easiest way is to run the v4 installation on the new server, then move the pagegate.mdb file from the database directory on the old system to the database directory on the new system.

You should then be able to run the Admin and switch your run style to a Windows NT Service.

Also, as OzCom referenced, now really would be the perfect time to upgrade to v5 since you're having to transfer servers anyways.

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving Pagegate 4.0 from one PC (D drive) to new PC(C dr Reply with quote

Upgrade PageGate 4.0 to version 5 for $100.00: http://www.notepage.net/upgrades.htm

There is an optional CD and Priority Support: http://www.notepage.net/priority-support.htm

pcdap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are saying that the .mdb file will not have refrences to the D: drive that would have to be manually updated?

Thanks.

Debbi

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbi,

It... depends on what references you're referring to? If it's in the basic Program Settings, those are written as registry entries and not actually contained within the database itself. If you're referring to the Polling or Advanced Polling information for the GetAscii module, that IS contained in the database, so you would need to manually update that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: