NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

T-Mobile/Cincinnati Bell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abeltran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: T-Mobile/Cincinnati Bell Reply with quote

We upgraded to PageGate version 5 from NotePager in January of this year. Our dispatchers have finally copied over all of the carrier info, recipients and created the groups we need. Over the past month or so we have found that we can't successfully send messages to anyone on either T-Mobile or Cincinnati Bell.

I'm not sure how/where to start troubleshooting the problem.
They are both set up to use SMTP, port 25 and recipients have been entered using their 10-digit phone number @gocbw.com or 10-digit phone number@tmomail.net

Any suggestions?

OzCom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do the connection logs show?

Make sure you have SEND SUBJECT checked in each recipient using an SMTP carrier

Likely an email issue

One alternative is to install a cellular modem and send messages from PageGate as true SMS

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you would, please email the c:\pagegatedata\logs\pgdial1.log file to support at notepage dot com so I can have a look at what's happening during the protocol transaction sequence.

abeltran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzCom wrote:
What do the connection logs show?

Make sure you have SEND SUBJECT checked in each recipient using an SMTP carrier

Likely an email issue

One alternative is to install a cellular modem and send messages from PageGate as true SMS

It's showing that everything is being sent successfully as far as I can tell. It's just these two carriers. The two major carriers we use (ATT and Verizon) are set up with SMTP and they are working fine. I tried checking the 'send subject' but that didn't seem to make a difference. I believe we have everything configured the same way we did in the old NotePager application.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would, please email the c:\pagegatedata\logs\pgdial1.log file to support at notepage dot com so I can have a look at what's happening during the communication sequence for those two carriers.

abeltran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech Support wrote:
If you would, please email the c:\pagegatedata\logs\pgdial1.log file to support at notepage dot com so I can have a look at what's happening during the communication sequence for those two carriers.

Just did - sorry for the delay in sending. Things have been a little busy.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the log that you just sent, the issue is an invalid domain reference in the Local Domain field in PageGate that's causing the messages to T-Mobile and Cincinatti Bell to get filtered as spam on their server. If you go in to the PageGate Admin and go in to the Connectors - Global - SMTP section, currently you have your networking domain entered as the Local Domain.

The Local Domain field is referring to your local Email domain, not the networking domain. So, update the Local Domain to your email domain and your messages should come through.

jlewis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your suggestion seemed to fix the T-Mobile issue, but we still cannot send to Cincinnati Bell. I have tried a couple difference recipients, but no luck. I will be sending you the updated log file you requested last time.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the responses we're receiving from the Cincinnati Bell host, the two phone numbers you have entered as Cincinnati Bell recipients are not Cincinnati Bell phones. If you can verify with the two recipients that their phones do, in fact, have their cel service through Cincinnati Bell, have them contact Cincinnati Bell and telling their tech support the following:

When someone tries to send a message to my phone using my 10digitcel@gocbw.com, they receive a response that my phone number isn't a Cincinnati Bell phone number and my phone never receives the message.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: