NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Relaying pager messages to a website?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Edible Napkin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Relaying pager messages to a website? Reply with quote

I am currently designing a website for my local emergency management agency. They currently use pagegate to send out messages for storm alerts, fires, accidents, etc. I've been asked to include these alerts in the webpage.

I have one idea of how to do this via webgate. I could create a page where they could send out messages and it would also relay this information to my alerts section. I would prefer not to do this because everyone at the office is already experienced with using the pagegate client and it would be much easier to continue with that given that they are older and quite stubborn when it comes to technology.

Because the pagegate server is the same as the webserver, I would think it should be quite easy to get the information being sent to page gate server program and have it also sent to the website. From looking through the documentation, I haven't seen any way of doing this, but it is just as likely that I missed something.

I was hoping that I could get some help to find a solution to this conundrum. I am relatively inexperienced with pagegate and it was set up previous to me. I hope that it is a simple problem where I am just overlooking something silly, but I am willing to work at this to find the best solution I can.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having PageGate interface with your web server so you can host a paging website should be a fairly easy process. You'll use the GetWeb module to post webpages to the web server and listen for CGI data from the web server. Have a look at the PageGate Web Interface tutorials at our Video Tutorial site:

http://www.notepage.net/video-tutorials.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: