NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

How to Migrate Data from V4 to V5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opstech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: How to Migrate Data from V4 to V5 Reply with quote

In a sense what I plan on doing is running both V4 and V5 parallel. This is to test V5 and what it can do. I just need to know what are the steps in getting this done?

What files need to be moved from V5 (specifically which ones)?

Also just to let you know I already have V5 installed, just not completely configured yet.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only file that needs to be moved from the v4 system to the v5 system is the PageGate database (pagegate.mdb). That file is probably located in c:\program files\pagegate\ on the v4 system and will need to be moved in to the c:\pagegatedata\database\ directory on the new system.

After you copy that file over, the first time you run the v5 Admin afterwards, it will ask you to convert the database.

opstech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: How to Migrate Data from V4 to V5 Reply with quote

Ok if I am pulling it off from the old database, path is (E:\PageGate\DB) and the new one is (C:\Program Files (x86)\Pagegate), placing it in the same directory does not matter?

I can just place it in the pagegate folder or is there a reason for the need.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the program and database folders were the same in version 4... and unless you specified them to be the same when you installed v5 and ran the Admin for the first time, the v5 default Database folder is c:\pagegatedata\database\

Basically, make sure you drop the database in to whatever directory you specified as the database directory in v5.

OzCom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEEP IN MIND: Your existing v4 registration key will NOT work in the v5 package. The upgrade is available for $100

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: