NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

GUI Client and Ad-Hoc functionailty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: GUI Client and Ad-Hoc functionailty Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking to finalise a PageGate order but need a little clarification about the ad-hoc feature before I do. More specifically how I can use the GUI client (if that's the best option) to send an SMS to a large ever changing list of mobile numbers. Can I input a long list of numbers at the time of sending the SMS or do they have to be created in advance. If I can enter them at the time of sending can I input a text file to the GUI client or do I need to copy and paste the numbers in to the client one at a time.

A real world example is that in a disaster scenario or even something a little more common like a email outage I'd like to be able to send an SMS to either a small group of staff, all company mobiles or even all mobile numbers within the Exchange global address book.

Thanks,

JC

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: GUI Client and Ad-Hoc functionailty Reply with quote

With PageGate's Ad-Hoc feature and the GUI Client Interface, type or copy and paste mobile numbers when sending the message. There is no input from a text file to the GUI Client.

Use the GetAscii or Commandline/ASCII Interface for PageGate to poll a text file for the mobile numbers and message alerts.

The Ad-Hoc feature enables messages to be sent to numbers not preset in PageGate. The Ad-Hoc feature is available with the PageGate software 5,000 Pager License or greater. Pricing is at http://www.notepage.net/pricing.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> PageGate Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: