NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Solarwinds Orion Failover Engine (FoE) - PageGate licensing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Solarwinds Orion Failover Engine (FoE) - PageGate licensing Reply with quote

Hi,

Shortly I'll be installing the Solarwinds Orion Failover Engine on a new 2008 R2 server in our NPM/NCM/IPSLA environment. In preparation I need to purchase the appropriate PageGate licenses.

My question is, do I need to purchase 2 lots of licenses and hence have two separate installs, one for the primary server and one for the secondary server? Or do I just buy one and it's replicated from the primary server to the secondary? After all we'll only be using one server at a time. . . .

Having not done the FoE install yet I'm far from clear on how the FoE works and what parts of PageGate (if any) are replicated between servers so any guidance, tips or tricks will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks,

J

NotePage Sales
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Solarwinds Orion Failover Engine (FoE) - PageGate licens Reply with quote

If only one server is used at one time with a primary and backup server, only 1 PageGate Registration Key is needed.

With 2 Registration Keys licensing 2 different PageGate programs, the Synchronization feature synchronizes a master PageGate with a slave PageGate. Refer to: PageGate Admin - Using the PageGate Admin - Database - Synchronization in the PageGate manual or Help files at http://www.notepage.net/manualchoice.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> Integration Related Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: