NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

I cannot receive messages properly on my Droid X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttboy5454

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: I cannot receive messages properly on my Droid X Reply with quote

SO I have a Verizon wireless, Motorola Droid X cell phone. My work uses the not pager pro system to page out overtime shifts on a daily basis. I am the only one at my work to have an issue receiving the messages. Here is an example of what is happening.

From a work computer someone will page out a message: 5/6 8-4 and 4-12 Sat 5/7 4-12 available

It comes up on my phone like this:

[4 and 4-12 Sat 5]7 4-12 available

Often if there is a lot of the message missing, if not all of it. I just got one paged out that said Lewis Tree detail today 5/4 all day long. Paged at 0649. I got it on my droid like this: [4} 11 @ 0649

PLEASE HELP ME.

OzCom

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Drop Non Printable Characters" needs to be checked under the carrier and/or recipient

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ttboy5454

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is checked and it still doesnt work.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an issue that Droid phones have when messages sent through a carrier's SMTP to SMS gateway use slashes. Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do or have them do to get around this. Have them try enabling "Drop non-printable characters" in the carrier itself. Sometimes that helps. Otherwise, have them alter the date format they're using so it doesn't include slashes.

ttboy5454

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I cant find that option under carriers. Is there anything else I can try? What is RELIAPAGE and should that be checked off?

I cant have them alter the date format because there are about 20 people who use the program and they will never be able to figure it out.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be in the Advanced sub-section of the carrier. In the PageGate Admin, click on the + next to the carriers section, then click on the + next to the carrier's name.

As for reliapage, that option tells PageGate to number each message sent to your recipients. That way, for example, if I get messages 1, 3, 4, and 6, I know that, for some reason, I missed messages 2 and 5. This option was originally used for pagers that weren't within coverage. Unlike SMS, pages aren't stored for later delivery, so pagers would simply miss messages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: