NotePage, Inc. Forum Index

Old Duplicate Msgs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Old Duplicate Msgs Reply with quote

Good Day All:

I am having an issue with NotePager Pro 3.0.
We have it setup to run with Orion Solarwinds for our network montioring.
Issue:

Duplicate old messages being sent from September 2008 at random times. The messages are the same they are not accurate and are just randomly being sent. We can't see anything in the queues other thant he sent messages.

I am not sure where they are coming from so I thought I would start here first. Is this an issue anyone else has experienced? My next stop is Solarwinds.

Is there a phantom queue that is not visible to the eye?? :-)

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help.

OzCom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that NPP was installed on a different PC back in '08? I have seen similar issues occasionally where NPP or PageGate gets moved from one machine to another, then the original machine gets "repurposed" by someone else. If the notification package is not de-installed, then it may try to run and process whatever was in the queue at the time

TEL: 207-518-8455
AOsgood@streamline-solutions.net
Creators of AutoPage Spillman CAD interface for PageGate
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that Notepager Pro and Orion are installed on the same computer.. Can you check the Orion logs to see if it issued an alert or notification? Also, email this file c:\program files\notepager pro\npp.log to support at notepage dot com and provide me with the text of the message that was from 2008.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NotePage, Inc. Forum Index -> NotePager Pro Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: